The overall objective of this project is to create preconditions for sustainable socio-economic development of Fruska Gora Danube Region (FGDR) by improving tourism related infrastructure and enhancing tourism related services based on natural, cultural and historic values of the region. Specific objectives are to strengthen the managerial and innovative capacity of subjects of tourism offer in FGDR and to initiate innovative tourism product development based on cross-sectoral collaboration and cooperation of different tourism stakeholders in the Region.
Those who will be directly positively affected by the actions of this project are subjects of tourism offer in FGDR (managers and owners of accommodation facilities, wineries, crafts workshops, farm households and souvenir shops) and tourism stakeholders in FGDR (representatives of municipalities, tourism organisations, tourism agencies, governmental bodies, public institutions, non-governmental associations, regional business chambers and regional development agencies). However, final beneficiaries from the actions of this project in the long term are subjects of tourism offer in FGDR, tourism industry and society at large in FGDR.
Estimated results of this project are :
– Tourism market assessment of FGDR
– Rural tourism resource centre successfully established – Public-private partnership (Centre) initiated and established
– 8 training modules, tourism product development training seminar for 20 representatives of key tourism stakeholders and capacity training seminar for 40 subjects of tourism offer in FGDR
– Developing of 2 tourism products for FGDR and their promotion and presentation at tourism fairs in Europe and Serbia
– Study tour in Osijek-Baranja county (Croatia) for 18 participants
– Improved networking and cooperation
– Visibility and attractiveness of region raised on EU level
The project, supported by Austrian Development Agency and European Comission, started in September 2013 and will last till February 2015. Fruska Gora National Park and Tourism Organization of Serbia are partners of CAS in this project. The cooperation with local authorities is established in Municipalities of Backa Palanka, Beocin, Sremski Karlovci, Novi Sad and Indjija.