Main objective of the project reflects need for strengthening capacities for ecotourism development through sustainable tourism services and products in Lower Danube Region.
In order to find a way for sustainable and efficient use of natural values in the Region various stakeholders such as nature protected area, ministries, local authorities tourism organisations and other relevant organisations have been involved in implementation of this project, from September 2012 to July 2013.
Presented objectives of ecotourism development, targeting both socio-economic development and environmental protection were designed in coherence with the aims and objectives of European Union Strategy for Danube Region.
- Representatives of 10 NPAs of Lower Danube Region are trained and enabled to develop and manage (eco)tourism offer based on the natural values and biodiversity and 6 new ecotourism products had been developed by cooperation and joint initiation
- 500 pieces Guidelines for Ecotourism Product (printed on recycled paper in three languages: Serbian, English and German) and 2000 pieces of promotional leaflets in four languages: Serbian, Croatian, English and German
- Successful realization of two capacity building workshops, regional training seminar, round table and promotional activities
- Biodiversity natural values of Lower Danube Region are successfully identified and earmarked for creation of ecotourism offer in the Region
- Attractiveness of the Lower Danube Region is promoted and enhanced
- Networking of NPA and tourism stakeholders of the Region is successfully promoted and possibilities for future development of ecotourism in the Region are successfully identified and explored
Project was implemented by Camping Association of Serbia and partners Fruska Gora National Park and Djerdap National Park, with great support of GIZ/DCC (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit in partnership with Danube Competence Center).